BURMESE TRANSLATION - For Those Who Love High Quality Service
My Blog

ProZ.com Powwows

ProZ.com Powwows

Powwows are informal get-togethers of groups of ProZ.com users living in close proximity. The events are organized by local translators, for local translators. The last Powwow I have attended was held on  4 June 2011, last Saturday, in Adelaide. Adelaide Powwow is organized by Nicole Adams, who is ProZ.com Certified Pro. Thanks, Nicole. Adelaide Powwow is held in combination with AUSIT Connect It, get together net working meeting for AUSIT members. In this combo meeting translators discuss industrial norms and trends and share individual experiences which relate to interpreting & translation. Connect It meeting is organized by Maurite Fober. Thanks, Maurite.

10 Comments to ProZ.com Powwows:

Comments RSS
Maurite on Wednesday, 2 November 2011 3:53 PM
Great photos Tony, you can see everyone getting into lively group discussions of our T&I issues. I do believe this particular morning had some rather interesting views on translation theory bouncing around the table because I can see Marina and Christian caught on camera as they begin to plan their workshop on that topic. I also think it was during one of these coffee mornings that you decided to prepare your workshop on bookkeeping. Thanks for posting these photos!
Reply to comment

Tony Latt on Wednesday, 2 November 2011 6:40 PM
You are the one who organized this meeting. Thanks again, Madam President. Please pass my compliments to Christian and Marina for their invaluable workshop on translation theory, that was great. I gained a lot of knowledge on this subject as I haven't had formal education on this industry. I heard about skopos theory when reading blogs in Watercooler when Andrew Bell started the site. Now, Christian and Marina topped up my understanding on it. I am still learning. I am a self made translator. Cheers!

adres internetowy on Wednesday, 6 August 2014 5:50 AM
If anyone rises the most beneficial treatment have to be attracted in This all of the affects Talk about stratum removal making use of many of these equipment
Reply to comment

stron on Monday, 18 August 2014 10:10 AM
photograph or any other, you arbitrarily selected image People will pay for care about the main hall. Complete model of home, advantages crucial locations where to target the root attention
Reply to comment

Anonymous on Saturday, 24 January 2015 5:06 AM
we should not rely by any means about the aspects of health and safety and also aesthetic More particularly, sanctioned sit, some freezer and a cooktop. With this setting up has to be primarily
Reply to comment

essay-to-go.net on Thursday, 22 March 2018 8:10 PM
If you're working on project base then it's good step for you to have good behave with your employees and act accordingly. So I think you are best in this industry and share something unique with me. Keep it up!
Reply to comment

anna on Wednesday, 28 March 2018 7:17 AM
I really like your modern https://www.write-my-essay-for-me.com/ stylish ideas which you have shared about manipulative. This blog provide extraordinary and exact information for which I was searching
Reply to comment

essayace reviews on Saturday, 28 April 2018 1:43 AM
Is it really that much effective?I read about this first time.I recently launched a forum by name and I am sure people would like it.
Reply to comment

Do My C Programming Homework on Wednesday, 20 June 2018 4:40 PM
Good Way Of Telling, Good Post To Take Facts Regarding My Presentation Subject Matter, Which I Am Going To Deliver In My College
Reply to comment

Cheat Online Class on Wednesday, 20 June 2018 7:44 PM
I Must Say We Should Have An Online Discussion On This.
Reply to comment