BURMESE TRANSLATION - For Those Who Love High Quality Service
My Blog

Man proposes but God disposes

Man proposes but God disposes

My last post on my blog was mathematics jargon called 'carrying'. Now I have another one, a phrasal verb, 'Man proposes but God disposes'. When we consult this with Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase & Fable, it says:

'A man's heart devises his way, but the Lord directs his steps.' In Latin origin, 'Homo proponit, sed Deus disponit.'

I had put this phrase on proz.com Kudoz terms in seeking peer's suggestion for Burmese equivalence and one of the professionals replied with as follows:

Luthaa thi a\'hso pyu\' i\', Hpayaa htakhin thi hson-hpyat siyin taw mu i.

Mankind seeks the means available to solve problems arising out of everyday life (and ) hesitates or stumbles or errs in the process. The almighty God on the other hand solves all problems.

Previously I thought that the phrase may have some thing to do with man who has been painstakingly fulfilling his wishes but unfortunately could not succeed so he requires almighty God's help. So I have interpreted this in Burmese equivalence which is, 'Hlu ma naing Nat' ma de.'

Do you have any other Burmese equivalence to this phrasal verb, 'Man proposes but God disposes.'

8 Comments to Man proposes but God disposes:

Comments RSS
cheap essays online on Wednesday, 13 June 2018 12:13 AM
It's a nice phrase. It's a pleasure for me to read these wise words here.
Reply to comment

Assignment Help UK on Tuesday, 31 July 2018 6:11 PM
Man chooses however God decides chooses and afterward coordinates what that man picks by method for circumstances and end results. For instance, when the reasons for his decision drives him to turn appropriate rather than left has the impact of him going the way God chose He ought to go! he is in a roundabout way being guided by God to do as such.
Reply to comment

https://plex.software/ on Tuesday, 7 August 2018 8:18 PM
Reply to comment

https://kodi.software/ on Tuesday, 7 August 2018 8:18 PM
Reply to comment

https://luckypatcher.pro/ on Tuesday, 7 August 2018 8:18 PM
Reply to comment

Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy on Monday, 20 August 2018 5:22 PM
Homo proponit, sed Deus disponit. Very intereting line but I would always believe that even God the Lord is the director he cannot allow to let his people suffer and be in pain so God always give the desires of our heards. Mary Goldwin of Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Reply to comment

Master of Business Administration Assignment Help on Monday, 3 September 2018 8:37 PM
Great Information,It Has Lot For Stuff Which Is Informative.I Will Share The Post With My Friends.
Reply to comment

Help With Audit Assignment on Monday, 3 September 2018 9:21 PM
This Was A Great And Interesting Article To Read. I Have Really Enjoyed All Of This Very Cool Information
Reply to comment